Thank you to everyone who came out to support Issues 15 & 16 on Election Day.
The Recreation Bond Issue (Issue 16) passed and the New Community & Recreation Center will be built!
The tax levy for the additional operating costs (Issue 15) did not pass. We would still like to keep the membership fees the same for residents. We will be working on alternate plans to cover the additional operating costs. We may go out for an operating levy again in the future.
The proposed expansion of the Broadview Heights Community & Recreation Center will offer something for everyone.
• A new aquatic area to include:
Dedicated time for seniors: lap lanes, lazy river walking, water exercise and self-guided therapy in activity pool
Zero depth entry wading area with play features, activity space
Water slides and a lazy river for kids
Lap lanes, sauna, steam room and whirlpool for adults
Large doors that open to a sun deck
• Modern locker room facilities and additional family changing rooms
• Dedicated senior space and programming
• Additional gyms for basketball and volleyball
• Drop down batting cages
• Indoor soccer area
• New fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment
• Indoor track for walking and running
• Multi-purpose rooms available for rent
• Expanded childcare facilities
• Increased safety and security measures